When it’s time for a new garage door, every home owner will want to choose the best overhead door company. With many of them out there, how do you know which overhead door company stands superior? Here are some tips and things to watch out for when considering an overhead door company.
Tips On Choosing an Overhead Door Company
- Ask your friends for recommendations of a good overhead door company.
- Get estimates from two or three overhead door companies, and ask for clear statement of warranties involved.
- Ask the overhead door company for a list of customer references in your area.
- Ask for the minimum charges for a service call; things such as basic fee, travel, labor, parts, etc.
- Don’t equate the size of a Yellow Pages ad with the reputability of the overhead door company.
- Call your local Better Business Bureau to see if complaints have been filed against the overhead door company you are considering.
- Try to be there while the work is being done. Some scam artists have been known to intentionally break parts and then replace them.
- Don’t authorize work to be done until the overhead door company clearly explains the problem and the exact costs. Repairs to a garage door will rarely cost several hundred dollars.
- Never pay in-full, up front. Asking for a partial deposit is a legitimate business practice, but be sure you are dealing with a reputable overhead door company before even paying a deposit.
Things to Watch Out for In an Overhead Door Company
- Unknown Address – Does the overhead door company have a published physical address in your area? Some fraudulent businesses advertise many phone numbers but have no physical address.
- High Pressure – Does the technician pressure you to make a quick decision? Does the technician claim that your family or property is in danger if the proposed repair or replacement isn’t done right away?
- Surprise Visit – Be careful if an overhead door company knocks on your door, claiming to have a special deal.
- Caller ID Comes Up “Unknown” or “Private” – Do they answer the phone with their advertised business name? If they operate under several business names, they often answer the phone with a generic response, such as, “Garage door service.”
- Pre-payment – Does the overhead door company demand payment in full before the project is complete? Never pay for an entire job in advance. Avoid paying in cash whenever possible.
Bill’s Doors is a leading NJ overhead door company specializing in garage door spring repair and many over overhead door services. We provide professional expertise, exceptional customer service and quality construction! If you are experiencing garage door troubles and are looking for a great overhead door company, contact us today at (908) 369-0447 or (732) 968-8183 or visit our website and email us to receive a free estimate or to schedule a service call!